A big topic of interest that the Byram Utility Solutions team has seen in the past few months deals with the data that our submeters record. Our clients want to know how much data the meters are recording, communicating, and posting to their portal. The answer to this question is....... well there is not one answer; however, it depends on the type of meter that you are using.
Byram's electric meters are capable of recording fifteen minute interval values. This means that we are able to show the amount of electric usage that your tenant or property is using every fifteen minutes. Similarly, for our water and gas submetering devices, we are able to record consumption for every hour of usage.
For the average client of ours, the interval data is great but they are more concerned with the meter readings for billing purposes. If this is all that you are concerned about, our Sequoia meter reading platform will allow you to select the appropriate date range of your billing cycle and pull the total meter reading value for said range.
Whether you are looking for interval data or simply a single meter reading for the month, Byram's submetering system has you covered.
The Byram Utility Solutions team is heading out to San Diego today for the annual National Apartment Association's Apartmentalize trade show. We will be exhibiting at booth 3125 and we will be raffling off some great prizes. Stop by to discuss how our submetering products and solutions can fit into your portfolio. We look forward to seeing everyone and we hope everyone in attendance has a great show!
One of the biggest questions our team is asked is “why should I install submeters at my property?” This is a great question and one that we love to help answer. There are several different reasons that our current customers use our submetering products, and the most frequent reasons are:
- Resident / Tenant billing – Distribute costs to each resident for their actual utility usage during a given period of time.
- Allocate costs to specific sections of their building/business – Pinpoint areas within your building or business that are “energy hogs” and implement solutions to reduce excess use.
- Data Analysis – View your properties utility data at a granular level via our interval data.
- EnergyStar and LEED Certification – Benchmark your properties energy and water usage so that you can submit your building to portfolio manager and track your buildings usage. Our clients utilize our patented Benchmarx ™ Software to automatically upload their submeter data into Portfolio Manager ™.
- Legislation within specific regions – Many states have begun mandating submetering in buildings of certain sizes, we are here to help meet your compliance needs!
Along with all of the benefits listed above, installing submeters has been seen to help reduce total utility consumption by as much as 35%! This savings brings a tremendous impact to your bottom line.
If you are still hesitant about installing submeters at your property or have any further questions, we will be more than glad to help!