One of the biggest questions our team is asked is “why should I install submeters at my property?” This is a great question and one that we love to help answer. There are several different reasons that our current customers use our submetering products, and the most frequent reasons are:
- Resident / Tenant billing – Distribute costs to each resident for their actual utility usage during a given period of time.
- Allocate costs to specific sections of their building/business – Pinpoint areas within your building or business that are “energy hogs” and implement solutions to reduce excess use.
- Data Analysis – View your properties utility data at a granular level via our interval data.
- EnergyStar and LEED Certification – Benchmark your properties energy and water usage so that you can submit your building to portfolio manager and track your buildings usage. Our clients utilize our patented Benchmarx ™ Software to automatically upload their submeter data into Portfolio Manager ™.
- Legislation within specific regions – Many states have begun mandating submetering in buildings of certain sizes, we are here to help meet your compliance needs!
Along with all of the benefits listed above, installing submeters has been seen to help reduce total utility consumption by as much as 35%! This savings brings a tremendous impact to your bottom line.
If you are still hesitant about installing submeters at your property or have any further questions, we will be more than glad to help!